Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

A Cold Week



It has been cold in this frozen wonderland. I live in the Northwest. Idaho to be specific, about 100 miles south of the Canadian border, and the weather has been colder here than in Alaska. Especially last Sunday.  It was 19 degrees here and 27 degrees in Alaska. 

As I drove around town this week,  I photographed one of my favorite things, the American flag.  It flies beside the local baseball diamond off Ramsey road in Coeur d'Alene.

First, may I say how grateful I am that our flag still waves, and thank you to all of you that makes sure it does!!! 




Second, to all of you that play the wonderful games of baseball that I get to bring my chair to, sit on sweet green grass and watch, I can hardly wait for you to show up again.  You see I'm too old to do anything more than just sit and watch you play, and remember when I played.  But, I'm so glad that the game of baseball is still a part of my life.

And finally, to all of you that check in from time to time to see how we're doing....we are doing great!  Mature and moving a lot slower than I would like, but that may change with the weather, or at least I can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment