Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

White Bread Recipe



I looked in the refrigerator and my Sweetie had put dough from his bread making adventure into it. So I made sweet rolls with huckleberries.  They were delicious this morning for breakfast.  I used huckleberries because they grow abundantly here in the Northwest, but I'm thinking you could use any kind of berry that you enjoy.  But first things first...I promised you the bread recipe.  You will love this!

White Bread 
3 cups Hot Water
1 tablespoon Yeast, SAF Instant or Red Star
1 Tablespoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Oil. Safflower, High Oleic
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
flour, about 7-8 cups total.
NOTE:  The High Oleic Safflower Oil and the Red Star yeast make the best bread, but you can use the oil and yeast that you enjoy.

General Directions
Grease 3 large bread loaf pans with shortening. or if  you want yeast rolls and bread:
grease 2 large bread loaf pans and place dough in pans.  
Set pans in a warm place and let dough rise until it forms a nicely shaped loaf rising about 1" above the side of the pan, about 30-40 minutes.  
Bake in preheated oven.  350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done. 
 NOTE:  Cover the loaf pans loosely with foil during the lst 10-15 minutes so they do not get too brown. Remove loaves from pans and let cool on wire rack.  Rub the top of each loaf with butter to soften crust.  Place loaves in plastic bags when warmth is barely discernible...if not eaten first.

Enjoy!!!   .....I'm working on getting my breakfast roll recipe for you next.

No comments:

Post a Comment