Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Big C Word

So,  this week I learned that my lovely companion of over thirty years has prostate cancer.  Not the really bad,"you are going to die from this" type of cancer, but a low to medium grade kind that has a good prospect of being defeated with radiation.  I didn't even know there was a rating system, but apparently I'm going to learn more about this subject than I ever wanted to.

What did I do?  Pretty much I did what I usually do about stressful situations...I eat...then I become the queen of de NILE and have a pity party. But this time, maybe it's age or maybe it's the good people around me, but I've decided I want to do something different.  Don't get me wrong....Chocolate is still my friend and right now I could seriously use a pound or two of Sees candies - the rum kind. But don't send me any...REALLY!!!

Instead read this blog and send me your comments. I'll do my best to find a way to answer you.   Also, I promise to write about what's going on, in as upbeat a manner as the big C word can be talked about. I'm sure I'm not the only person facing this medical situation.  Maybe you could help me and maybe I could help you.  We'll see.

Isn't this a wonderful picture.  My daughter Christy Warnick took it last year.   Thanks C!

Of course I'll write about other things also.  Like today, I saw hundreds of birds flying South...then I saw hundreds of them flying North...It made me wonderful what scared them back.  My Sweetie and I had a good laugh together over them.

There really are so many mysteries that need exploring!

Hugs from Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment